You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Tiago,

You can combine shapes by highlighting them and then at the top right of the App you can click the Add Button. I have included a screenshot just to make this a bit clearer. I hope this helps :)

C

post-12469-0-01092500-1439979190_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Tiago,

You can combine shapes by highlighting them and then at the top right of the App you can click the Add Button. I have included a screenshot just to make this a bit clearer. I hope this helps :)

C

Hi Callum,

This is what's happening to me

2h6ror4.jpg

• Staff

The Add Button not adding shapes correctly is something that our developers know about and are trying to resolve as soon as possible. It seems to only happen with shapes that have been drawn and then rotated. I removed the top rectangle and drew it horizontal instead of rotating it and the Add Button worked fine. I have re attached the file with the changes I mentioned above.

C

add tool.afdesign

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Tiago,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We do it frequently with the Betas. When they are ready for release, we update the Mac App Store version (less regularly than the Betas).

Some bugs may take more time to fix than others depending on the complexity of the issue and development constraints.

This issue in particular is currently being fixed/looked at.

• 5 months later...

I'm a bit late to this thread I know, but I just discovered this software last night.  Similar to Tiago, I make complex shapes by combining many other shapes.  I found the Add button quickly enough, but for me, it's as though the shapes are not actually being combined.  When I combine 2 or more shapes using the Add button, they look like a single shape until I apply a stroke to them.  Then they look like multiple shapes simply grouped together.  How do I get around this?