You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Let’s see if I can explain what I’m trying to do in Affinity Photo. 
I have some photos which I got using a scanner app on the iPhone. Some of them ended up distorted, becoming too narrow. 
What I want to do is to correct that manually, not by guessing what the correct width should be and inserting digits, but simply to be able to grab a handle/node and stretch the photo until it looks right. You can do that with shapes if you convert them to curves, at least in Designer, but so far I haven’t found how to do it in Photo, manually, by just stretching the photo until the width looks right. 
is there a way to do it?

Hello Wilfred,

One way to do this is by creating a new document first. For example Menu, File, New,  Print, A4.

Then 'place' your picture on it using Menu, File, Place, select the image, Open and then put your mouse in the upper left corner,  click and hold left mouse button and drag mouse to the right/below.

Look at the Layers panel and unlock the image, there should be a little padlock icon on the right. Use the move tool (the Arrow cursor) and do the resizing. You will have to change the Canvas size by using the Document > Resize Canvas... file menu. Or you can select the layer and copy it then make a new document by going to File > New From Clipboard. That will need to be renamed from Untitled.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

48 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Look at the Layers panel and unlock the image, there should be a little padlock icon on the right. Use the move tool (the Arrow cursor) and do the resizing. You will have to change the Canvas size by using the Document > Resize Canvas... file menu. Or you can select the layer and copy it then make a new document by going to File > New From Clipboard. That will need to be renamed from Untitled.

Thanks a lot. I knew there would be a simple solution, but of course one I wouldn't have thought of. That little padlock did it and that way I didn't have to create a new document, either, although that is a good tip, too. But since I use the features in Photos to edit with an external programme, in this case Affinity Photo, it works best with the little lock. 
Then I chose just to crop the photo afterwards. Simpler than resizing the canvas. Thanks again.