You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks very much for all the really helpful and clear tutorials.  I am brand new to AP and am finding them fantastic and essential.

I wonder if  you have considered  a tutorial or several where the starting point is not the tool or technique but rather the "problem" to be corrected.  Then you could show which tool/technique would best address it.  It seems as if there are quite a number of ways to address certain issues and as a beginner I would love to cut to the chase and start with the best one.

Another request would be for some help in quickly identifying problems. Some are obvious, some less so.

Many thanks for such a great product!

5 hours ago, toocool said:

I wonder if  you have considered  a tutorial or several where the starting point is not the tool or technique but rather the "problem" to be corrected

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/workbook/

Unfortunately, it is not online.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Welcome to the forums @toocool

Having tutorials which show the user how to rectify problems is a good idea but, because of the amount of functionality in the Affinity applications and therefore the amount of things that can ‘go wrong’, the range of ‘problems’ – and therefore tutorials – is almost uncountable.

Even for simple problems the ‘best’ way to rectify them can depend on so many other factors – which application(s) the user has access to; how the document is organised; how much experience the user has; which tools the user is comfortable using; what the user wants to do with the finished product; etc. etc. - that it’s sometimes very difficult to give one good answer. And the ‘best’ answer for one person may not be the ‘best’ for anyone else.

You may find that the ‘best’ solution is to come to the forums with a specific problem – I have this; I don’t like that about it; I want it more like this; but I don’t want to do it this way because; etc. – and see what answers you get. Sometimes the answers you get might not be suitable for your current needs but they could come in very useful in the future. The more ways you learn to do something the easier it will be for you to select for yourself the ‘best’ way when the circumstances arise.