You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Borderless A4 Printing Issue

Hi there,

Silly Q hopefully, I am trying to print gift cards, A7 in size, so 8 per sheet of A4. I have created a new A4 doc, pasted in my A7 image 8 times, arranged it in Affinity. All looks great. When I print to my Epson P600 I choose A4 (Borderless, Auto Expand) but when I go to chop up the cards they are not aligned the same way (I can't use the guides on my paper cutter and some cards are of different dimensions). 

Anyone know what is causing this or how I can correct? 

Thanks a million in advance!

Steve.

With APhoto I would use a landscape A7 and print 2 across and 4 down on portrait A4 using Model: N-Up

You can see from the Transform panel that the document size is 105mm x 74mm, the print dialog handles the rest

8A7s_on_A4.png.7f7bd5624a640a328337d727f5fce5c6.png

Good luck

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

7 hours ago, Stevoster said:

I have created a new A4 doc, pasted in my A7 image 8 times, arranged it in Affinity. All looks great.
(...) when I go to chop up the cards they are not aligned the same way (I can't use the guides on my paper cutter and some cards are of different dimensions). 

Do I understand right: You placed an image 8 times in same size and a print result shows a few of them in different size? Are you sure all 8 have the same size in your layout?

Do you get the unwanted result also if you print to PDF ? If yes, could you upload the PDF and/or ideally your Affinity document?
(if necessary for privacy reasons you could delete some text but keep the 2 x 4 structure recognizable.)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1