You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Would like to be able to deform and warp objects and text.

Hello Affinity team,

In Affinity Designer, I lack the ability to non-destructively deform and warp objects and texts, as I know it from other vector programs. Illustrator has the shape grid and warp option. With the shape grid, all objects and texts can be individually deformed or distorted. With the warping option there are several pre-made shapes to which the objects and texts adapt. With both tools, the objects and texts remain editable so that they can be changed later.
These two functions are very helpful for me when it comes to creative design.

Affinity Photo has the shape grid, but it's unfortunately destructive, so I won't be able to adjust the grid at a later time because it will resolve, which is very annoying. Here, too, I wish for the non-destructive editing option.
In Photoshop, I do this by converting the layer to a Smart Object beforehand. Then almost all types of filters and edits can be called up again and adjusted again.

It would be nice if these functions were available in Affinity Designer to be able to individually deform graphics and texts and adapt them to other objects.

Warp-option.jpg

1 hour ago, PaRunk said:

It would be nice if these functions were available in Affinity Designer to be able to individually deform graphics and texts and adapt them to other objects.

Hello @PaRunk,

you might be interested in this thread started a while back on the same topic:

I, too, support this request. Even though I have been able to use APh's Live Perspective filter on some occasions I agree that this is not a true replacement.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, PaRunk said:

Hello Affinity team,

In Affinity Designer, I lack the ability to non-destructively deform and warp objects and texts, as I know it from other vector programs. Illustrator has the shape grid and warp option. With the shape grid, all objects and texts can be individually deformed or distorted. With the warping option there are several pre-made shapes to which the objects and texts adapt. With both tools, the objects and texts remain editable so that they can be changed later.
These two functions are very helpful for me when it comes to creative design.

Affinity Photo has the shape grid, but it's unfortunately destructive, so I won't be able to adjust the grid at a later time because it will resolve, which is very annoying. Here, too, I wish for the non-destructive editing option.
In Photoshop, I do this by converting the layer to a Smart Object beforehand. Then almost all types of filters and edits can be called up again and adjusted again.

Warp-option.jpg

Sorely missed and requested for years.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.