You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create Palette from Doc Bug?

4 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

In my doc I only have 4 colors, but the function to create a palette from the colors gives be way too many colors. Is this a bug. I don't see how the app can see all these colors in the doc.

Are any of your layers rasterized?  My guess is the other colors came from the antialiasing of the rasterized layers.  What does the layer panel look like?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

I investigated more and it turns out that if there's an artboard, which there is, it will create all the swatches in the doc you see in the attached. But if I take away the artboard and leave the art only on a standard doc setup, it will only create the right amount of swatches. I have went ahead and requested to add color palette from artboard as an option.

44 minutes ago, evtonic3 said:

I investigated more and it turns out that if there's an artboard, which there is, it will create all the swatches in the doc you see in the attached. But if I take away the artboard and leave the art only on a standard doc setup, it will only create the right amount of swatches. I have went ahead and requested to add color palette from artboard as an option.

Interesting, I rarely use artboards but have run into it with rasterized layers.  You are right I tried it also and came up with the same issue. 

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra