You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

To record a batch job and save it

I want to create a batch job as a macro, means I can restart it anytime without creating the batch job each time. Example. I put some photos in a folder A. Two macros I have created apply the action AutoColor and then AutoContrast. Then, the photos are saved to the folder B. I know how to do this with a batch job, but I don´t want to create each time a new batch job, because I have to repeat this sequence of actions or macros each day. How can I do it? I mean I just want to select somewhere a batch job named "AutoColor and AutoContrast" and then the macros are executed as described. That's something I used to do in Photoshop before.

1 hour ago, EasyAffinity said:

How can I do it?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

You can't do that. Affinity Photo does not allow batch jobs to be saved.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you very much for the fast response. But that´s a pity. I believe this a basic function for a professional photo editing software most photo studies need. That means this software is useless for us;-( Anybody knows an another alternative to Photoshop?

There are lots of "alternatives" to Photoshop...

If you are looking for batch processing specifically, there are (free) plugins to do this with GIMP, and Corel Photo-Paint evidently has this feature built-in.  

Capture One Pro has fairly strong AppleScript support on the Mac.

There should be others around.

Note that I have no experience using this functionality in these programs, you will need to test to see what works for you.