You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HSL Adjustment window not showing entire wheel

I'm new to Affinity photo, and more in depth photo editing entirely for that matter. I'm having an issue with the HSL adjustment not showing the full wheel, only the blue spectrum quarter (see the attached image). I've tried applying the layer from the different menus and always have the same problem and cannot find a way to change the HSL adjustment window layout.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated (I'm running Affinity photo on a Mac, if that makes any difference)!

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.42.05.jp2

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Sam.

I can't help with your problem right now (though it does seem familiar), but I thought I'd provide a more easily accessible version of your screenshot. For future reference, JPG (also possibly TIFF or PNG) files will display directly in the forum, avoiding the need to download them and open them in an image editor :) 

(Or, you can simply paste a screenshot into a post, if it's small enough.)

image.png.f0edb1e25fd2082ef8a681588c246bc7.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes I’ve seen this before in an older version of Affinity...

Found the older post: 

Hopefully some info here will help.

Here’s another one, slightly older post that didn’t really end with success.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 minutes ago, SamGBP said:

Many thanks for the guiding hand while I learn the ropes!

You're welcome. And thanks to @firstdefence for finding those posts. That will (I hope) let me figure out why I couldn't find them :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Many thanks Walt and firstdefence! 

For anyone who comes to this later: I'm running a dual screen display, one ultrawide and one UHD. Switching Affinity to the UHD caused the HSL window to open normally. Additionally, if I continue to use Affinity on the ultrawide and move the HSL window to the other monitor it automatically corrects the error. I can then move it back and continue to edit as normal. It also appears that once this move has been made at the start of a session, the change applies throughout until quitting, even after deleting the original HSL layer and creating a new one.

Thanks for the feedback @SamGBP

@walt.farrell I could only find them via google, it was the word “glitch" that seemed to get them shown.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "HSL adjustment and multiple screens: only a quarter of the colour spectrum circle is displayed" (REF: AF-88) has been fixed by the developers in build "2.4.0 Release".
This fix is in the current customer release.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us