You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to have these improvements and functions in Designer

Hello, affinity team,

here is an update of my wish list for improvements and desirable features in Designer:

1. extend the display function: At the moment the possibility of multiple surfaces and contours can only be applied to objects and unfortunately not to editable texts.

2. I would like to be able to apply the layer effects to contours and surfaces separately.

3. adjustment tool: To create transitions between two connected objects, which in turn are created along an editable path.

4. shape creation tool (Pathfinder tool)

5. forum grid: To be able to adapt created graphics to a certain shape.

6. knife tool, to cut vector shapes.

7. simplification tool, for making vector and pixel brush tips. The intermediate step of creating a PNG of an object and then generating a brush tip could not be automated somehow, that if you specify what kind of brush tip you want to create. I would also like to have the possibility to change the distance between the objects.

8. create pattern fills, which I can also place in a palette like a colored area or gradient.

9. if I use Global Color Fields for gradients and change these color fields afterwards, all elements that have a color field will adjust, but the gradients will not change. Could you change this so that the assigned colors in the gradients also change. This saves the work of adjusting the colors of all gradients afterwards.

10. tracing tool to convert pixel images into graphics.

11. attribute pipette to quickly transfer the appearance of objects as well as texts to other texts without creating the styles.

I would be happy if it were possible to integrate these features into Affinity Designer in the near future.

The reason for a feature request forum is for users to be able to discuss the merits of specific requests. That's why it's far better to create separate threads for each specific feature. "My Personal Wishlist" threads just end up being ignored as soon as they turn into the un-navigable grab-bag of scrambled discussions—which they all do. No one comes to a forum like this to read every individual user's 'all-encompassing' list.

JET

55 minutes ago, JET_Affinity said:

That's why it's far better to create separate threads for each specific feature.

... and is in forum rules.

"Please just do one suggestion per thread. If your post title is “Here’s a few ideas to improve Affinity Publisher” you’ll be asked to split them up."

It is good to know and respect these rules:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feature-requests-suggestions/

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

8 hours ago, PaRunk said:

Hello, affinity team,

here is an update of my wish list for improvements and desirable features in Designer:

1. extend the display function: At the moment the possibility of multiple surfaces and contours can only be applied to objects and unfortunately not to editable texts.

2. I would like to be able to apply the layer effects to contours and surfaces separately.

3. adjustment tool: To create transitions between two connected objects, which in turn are created along an editable path.

4. shape creation tool (Pathfinder tool)

5. forum grid: To be able to adapt created graphics to a certain shape.

6. knife tool, to cut vector shapes.

7. simplification tool, for making vector and pixel brush tips. The intermediate step of creating a PNG of an object and then generating a brush tip could not be automated somehow, that if you specify what kind of brush tip you want to create. I would also like to have the possibility to change the distance between the objects.

8. create pattern fills, which I can also place in a palette like a colored area or gradient.

9. if I use Global Color Fields for gradients and change these color fields afterwards, all elements that have a color field will adjust, but the gradients will not change. Could you change this so that the assigned colors in the gradients also change. This saves the work of adjusting the colors of all gradients afterwards.

10. tracing tool to convert pixel images into graphics.

11. attribute pipette to quickly transfer the appearance of objects as well as texts to other texts without creating the styles.

I would be happy if it were possible to integrate these features into Affinity Designer in the near future.

That was the ehm... Ordnungsdienst... 

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and ideal with Serif, @PaRunk 

Fx 11. A mouse controlled attribute pipette would be great. I copy styles or fx very often using keyboard shortcuts AND mouse - a more intuitive mouse only alternative would be interesting.

Be safe!

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.