You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Drag Guides Off Artboard (1.8.3)

I'm currently running Designer 1.8.3 on Mac OS High Sierra.

Discovered that I cannot delete guides using the drag method (i.e., dragging the guide off the artboard to the rulers). 

Moreover, in resorting to the Guides Manager, I find it difficult to identify which guide, in the long list of guides, is the guide I wish to delete.

Two requests:

1. Please fix the bug that prevents one from deleting a guide by dragging it to the artboard rulers.
  2. Please add a feature wherein one can select a guide directly, have it highlighted by color, and delete it by striking the Delete key on the keyboard, or right-clicking on the guide and selecting Delete Guide.

That used to be a problem on Windows, too, for a document with any Artboards. It seems to work OK now in the 1.8.4 beta.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

UPDATE:

I now see in the online Help files that one removes a ruler guide, not by dragging the guide to the rulers as in other apps from Apple and Adobe, but by dragging the ruler guide beyond the edge of one's artboard or canvass.

Okay. So, first zoom out to see the edges of one's artboard, then drag the guide beyond to the pasteboard.

Still, when one is zoomed in on a document, it would be nice to be able to remove a guide either dragging to the ruler, or by being able to select the guide and hit the delete key, or select a Delete Guide contextual command with a right-click.

• 1 month later...

Ipad pro 2017 model. guides can be placed but neither moved nor erased - they appear permanently locked. i do not recall this being such a problem in previous versions.

big user, please add me to beta versions as you mention you fixed guide problem in 1.8.4

also, snapping is somewhat chaotic, especially on diagonals 30, 45, 60 degrees snapping ineffectual. hence my need for guides - but they don't work!

regards

7 hours ago, SandMagic said:

Ipad pro 2017 model. guides can be placed but neither moved nor erased - they appear permanently locked. i do not recall this being such a problem in previous versions.

big user, please add me to beta versions as you mention you fixed guide problem in 1.8.4

also, snapping is somewhat chaotic, especially on diagonals 30, 45, 60 degrees snapping ineffectual. hence my need for guides - but they don't work!

Just a comment: This topic is in the desktop area of the forums not the iPad area. You might want to post over there, instead.

(Also, you can download the beta version of 1.8.4 when it's available, yourself. Instructions will be in the appropriate beta forum.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1