You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1bit B&W images in Affinity Photo?

Hi,

We're new to Affinity Photo, so far everything looks very good, but we have the need to edit and create 1bit images.

Normally they are .tif files but if we load them into Affinity Photo at the moment it appears to convert the image to an 8bit format with no options available to save it back out as 1bit.

Is this possible as it's something we do a lot of in Photoshop currently.

Thanks.

Thanks for moving this to the requests area. 

I hadn't used Photo enough to notice yet the lack of spot & pantone colours.

So maybe the ability to add Duotone, Tritone, Quadtone editing could be added to the 1, 8 & 16bit color modes.

Also the ability to have 1 or more spot channels within an image and with the ability remaining in the image when saved out as tif or PDF would also mean that for print professionals Affinity Photo would be a more viable alternative to Photoshop.

Hopefully one day InDesign may even support importing Affinity Photo native format images!

• 5 years later...

New to Affinity But I seriously need to have black-and-white Bitmap images ideally at 1400 pixels per inch. Unfortunately this does not appear to be available in Affinity Photo - it would be a useful and good thing to have as part of the functionality. May I recommend this for future development? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Jered said:

Ideally with CCITT Group 4 compression

I wonder how many fax machines are still in use worldwide!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)