You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Aggregate Align/Distribute/Space toolbar buttons missing; inconsistent with the rest of the suite

JGD

Hi guys,

This has been a longstanding gripe of mine with Affinity Photo, that didn't seem to be there in the first releases. I haven't addressed it before, but I feel I should, since you've put so much emphasis on the new unified toolbar and didn't take the time to fix it.

In AP, there aren't aggregate/clusterlike block of grouped buttons (I don't recall their name, sorry) available with the aforementioned functions on the toolbar customization drawer; this is the only way you can achieve something functionally similar, but it takes extra work to add them – and order them correctly! – to the toolbar if desired and also takes up more space:

1287847977_Capturadeecr2020-04-01s12_09_45.png.9a22b0ac25b08e1e4095656787234d12.png

Conversely, in both Designer and Publisher, said grouped buttons are available:

843390066_Capturadeecr2020-04-01s12_10_35.png.c6f63a4e6fd389347ac3d2bb2633abdc.png

Seeing how these are common on macOS, Windows and on AP itself, and that two out of three of the suite components have these particular sets, it stands to reason that AP is the “odd man out” here and should be brought up to feature parity with the rest.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 8:31 AM, Chris B said:

Hey JGD,

I think this may be logged already but I'll do some poking. I absolutely agree with you. Thanks for the reminder :)

Thanks Chris! I'll patiently wait! :)