You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey all I've been working on a comic for the last few months and now that I'm posting episodes on Webtoon I figured I'd share it with the community here. The panel in the post is from what'll be episode 11 or 12. I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I do all the inking and most of the flatting in Procreate on my iPad Pro (just upgraded from the 9.7 inch Pro to the new 12.9!) then I bring it into Affinity Photo and do all the colour work. Sometimes I'll make a few vector objects in Designer. I've been doing all the lettering in Publisher.

You can check out the webtoon link at https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/thicc-skinned/list?title_no=404235 and I'd love if you'd subscribe :)

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.58.09 PM.png

Nice work with your webtoon! 

On 3/31/2020 at 12:51 PM, DavidMalcolm said:

I do all the inking and most of the flatting in Procreate on my iPad Pro (just upgraded from the 9.7 inch Pro to the new 12.9!) then I bring it into Affinity Photo and do all the colour work. Sometimes I'll make a few vector objects in Designer. I've been doing all the lettering in Publisher.

I'm someone looking to move completely to Affinity Designer on my iPad!

Out of curiosity, why do you:

1. do all of the inking / flatting in procreate but not finish up the colours in procreate? (Or why not do inking/flatting/colour work purely in affinity photo?)
  2. do the lettering in Publisher? I don't heavily use Affinity Photo but surely it can do all the lettering just as easily? (Or affinity designer for that matter)
    • It would explain a lot if you were doing the quick-switch features that are available to hop between the different programs, however... (are you using Photo/Designer on the iPad?)