You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums :)

Firstly I recommend changing your username as spammers may harvest this with your knowledge. You can change this in your Account Settings.

Secondly, my apologies for the delayed reply to your question, I've spoken with our experts and received the following response. -

The Gamma slider on the Levels dialog is "raise to the power of",  but only goes between 0-2. 

If you need a gamma transform greater than 2, then we recommend using a live procedural texture filter, for example;

R^2.2,  G^2.2,  B^2.2 etc

Unfortunately I'm not certain how Photoshops works, so I cannot comment to this effect.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

33 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Firstly I recommend changing your username as spammers may harvest this with your knowledge.

*without

Also, it probably isn’t a good idea to include the OP’s current username in your post! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Oops, my mistake!

I believe the tags are live elements and therefore update when the user changes their name, but I could be wrong... I'll be sure to keep an eye on it thanks Alfred :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

9 minutes ago, Dan C said:

I believe the tags are live elements and therefore update when the user changes their name

’Twould be nice, Dan, but it apparently doesn’t work that way! (User ‘anon1’ was originally ‘MBd’.)

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

You learn something new everyday! :D

Please note -

Many thanks!

36 minutes ago, Dan C said:

You learn something new everyday:D

*every day [two words]

😛

Alfred spacer.png

Now, certainly Affinity should allow gamma slider to go all the way to 11!

I usually handle gamma corrections with curves but gamma slider (are we talking about levels tool?) should allow more extreme adjustments. Maybe entering numbers greater than 2 even when slider ends would be enough as Affinity allows that in some other tools.