You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am currently working on an ecosystem map for a healthcare institution and I noticed this weird behavior of the grid and guides. For some reason when I try to select the guide, it disappears ? There is no pop up menu even when I even right-click on the guide to delete it. I have to manually delete from view>guide manager. In my previous project I had multiple guide and when I tried to delete it from the guide manager , I was lost. I couldn't tell which guide to delete since there were multiple guides on the page.

When I also try to select an object, the grid shows another weird behavior. I used 100px and 8 division but the moment I drag the mouse, the grid square gets bigger. Why is that ?

Thank you

They way you are trying to select the Guide is incorrect…

Don't drag a marquee over the Guide.

Do place the Move Tool pointer over the Guide - it will change to a double arrow (see ~6 seconds into your video).

If you now click and drag, the guide will move. Drag it off the page / artboard to delete it.

You are correct, there is no right click menu on a Guide.

--

As for the grid - I understand what is happening, but not why - A bug perhaps?

It seems you have 2 grids - one set at a document level, and a second associated with your artboard.

For some reason dragging with nothing selected, is confusing Designer into showing the Document grid, rather than the Artboard grid

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

@Aammppaa Thank you so much for the detail feedback, that helped me so much. I didn't know you can drag a guide off the page to delete it. Plus, I didn't know that there could be 2 grid one for document level and one for the artboard level. 

---

If the grid is a bug then hopefully it gets fixed.

It would be just a suggestion, if Affinity can also add a right-click functionality for guide, that would nice too :)

• Staff

Hi Boroji,

In addition to what Aammppaa has said, guides can also be dragged with other tools selected, however they can only be grabbed from the rulers (if visible). 

Would you be able to share the document so we can investigate the issue with the grid please?

Thanks