You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do you have the auto save function?

48 minutes ago, Ian R said:

How many users are actually experiencing this? Is there anyone from Affinity acknowledging this please?

I get such issues in V1 mainly when Saving documents (~1-2 per month), occasionally when Opening, nearly never while Working in the documents. Sometimes closing and relaunching is sufficient to continue with the affected documents, sometimes they get durable corrupted. If one open document gets affected then also another open file gets closed by APub, regardless whether any change was done to it.

Very risky: In seldom cases (3 in the last year) it may even happen that a document fails during opening + gets auto-closed + causes the file on disk being corrupted. Then, although I did neither change nor save it in APub, it shows a different modification date in the macOS finder.

I am mainly working in two documents, I work with them since the current version APub 1.10.5 (~15th March 2022). I can't see any system as to what is the cause and when what consequences occur. In my impression the number of these issues became more frequent with one of the v.10.x versions and did less or not occur with v.1.9 and before.

It appears Serif is still investigating possible reason(s) …

On 4/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, Dan C said:
On 4/1/2023 at 7:57 PM, thomaso said:

Are there any news about possible reason(s) for issues like this (e.g. error messages like "can't read & must be closed", "failed to load", "access lost" et al.)?

Specific issues that can cause this to happen which can be replicated by our team, such as the 0x0 resource issue, are able to be resolved by our developers in a timely manner (for example the aforementioned issue is fixed in the 2.1 beta) however for seemingly random corruption, our team log these files with our developers not only to try and recover the document for the user, but also to try and determine the cause of the issue within the app.

For the files that we can determine the cause, this can then be resolved by our team in a future update. Unfortunately I don't have any further information regarding corrupted files at this time, as from your workflow it sounds as though you are following our recommendations.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I have been using an external 1gb SSD for my main saving location. I'm now moving to an internal one to see if this affects the issue. This is based on a hunch I had a few months ago and  also here: 

"The Affinity apps open files in a manner that favours speed, but comes with the downside of being slightly less stable when editing from external devices, USB drives or network locations. For this reason our team recommends using internal drives where possible to reduce the chances of said corruptions occurring."

... included to link up same threads and convos.