Jump to content

Recommended Posts

AP Color sliders can be changed to see the reference RGB Hex #.  My question:  Is there a way in Swatches Panel to type the known Hex values to add the color to the Swatches Palette? This is a very simple process in Procreate Swatches to add colors to the Swatches Palette.  Type Hex number, click color and it's added, maximum 30 per Swatches Palette.


Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS 10.5.4 iPad Pro iPadOS

 

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

Be a neat addition but if you open each of the panels it would almost work the way you want. Type Hex number, click on the create swatch and it is done.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.651

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

No.

Be a neat addition but if you open each of the panels it would almost work the way you want. Type Hex number, click on the create swatch and it is done.

I need to create color palette of 30 Hex numbers in one Swatches Panel.  I must be missing something or it doesn't exist. I follow artist that provides the Hex colors in his tutorials in Procreate.  My goal is to create the same Swatches Panel in AP.  


Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS 10.5.4 iPad Pro iPadOS

 

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I need to create color palette of 30 Hex numbers in one Swatches Panel.  I must be missing something or it doesn't exist. I follow artist that provides the Hex colors in his tutorials in Procreate.  My goal is to create the same Swatches Panel in AP.  

Create a new Photo document. Draw a small rectangle. Replicate 29 times. Power-duplicate and the alignment tools on the Toolbar may help.

Create a palette on the Swatches panel.

Switch to the Color panel. Then iterate:

  1. Select a rectangle.
  2. Set its fill using hex values in the color panel.
  3. Right-click on it and Add to Swatches... From Fill or From Fill as Global.

Or, possibly instead of step 3, when you're done creating the proper fills, use the hamburger menu for the Swatches panel and Add Palette from Document.

 


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Create a new Photo document. Draw a small rectangle. Replicate 29 times. Power-duplicate and the alignment tools on the Toolbar may help.

Create a palette on the Swatches panel.

Switch to the Color panel. Then iterate:

  1. Select a rectangle.
  2. Set its fill using hex values in the color panel.
  3. Right-click on it and Add to Swatches... From Fill or From Fill as Global.

Or, possibly instead of step 3, when you're done creating the proper fills, use the hamburger menu for the Swatches panel and Add Palette from Document.

 

Walt thanks, I’ll screen record this, simpler method may be available AP 3.0.  I was able to take a screen shot of the final painting, open in AP>Swatches>Create Palette frown Document and/or As Application or Document Palette, save Swatches name.  Cheating, I don’t know but the number of colors were >30.  


Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS 10.5.4 iPad Pro iPadOS

 

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good approach, Cecil. Does assume that your monitor and his monitor and the video camera are all properly calibrated, though.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cecil said:

 Is there a way in Swatches Panel to type the known Hex values to add the color to the Swatches Palette? This is a very simple process in Procreate Swatches to add colors to the Swatches Palette.  Type Hex number, click color and it's added, maximum 30 per Swatches Palette.

Maybe I don't quite understand but when you said "known Hex values" I assumed you had a list of them. If that is the case then this method would be most accurate. Make a document palette  (or a system palette) and just do the following. The clicks don't show but I am clicking on the 949667195_ScreenShot2020-03-05at11_33_23AM.png.6f794fadabc03ca3f0cd6a114d1449ed.png middle thing in the swatches panel.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.651

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Old Bruce Yes I have a list of the Hex numbers and your suggestion is great and simple, thank you.  I knew how to do that, it just did not register to build my palette in this manner.  You can highlight the bottom Hex numbers, delete and just type in the new numbers and the color will change, click +.  Thank you.  


Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS 10.5.4 iPad Pro iPadOS

 

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.