I'm trying to figure out how to set the origin for the rulers in Designer, this is something I use regularly in Illustrator and have not been able to discover how to do this in Designer?

I certainly hope so as right now this is the one feature that is preventing me from moving from Illustrator, well that and the fact that I don't seem to find a convenient way of scaling objects. I'm very surprised that AD does not have this really fundamental feature as rulers are crucial to the work I do! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will show up sooner rather than later!

Rulers are also very important for me. I already bought AD and I'm very satisfied apart from the missing rulers.

We do have rulers (from View > Show Rulers), you just can't move their origin.

I don't seem to find a convenient way of scaling objects.

You can scale objects with the mouse using their handles, or with the Transform tab if you prefer entering numbers. The Transform tab can do simple maths, like *=0.5 to halve the old value.