You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Excuse me for the newbie question. Is there a way to simply scale down an image to a certain percentage? I just switched from GIMP, and after designing certain images that I have to make regularly, I also need to make a mini version at 18% of the size. Is there a simple way to do this, or do I need to do the math outside the program, figure out what 18% is, and then scale it to the right pixel count? Tell me it ain't so..

Here's how it looks in GIMP, so that you know what I'm looking for:

scale_in_gimp.png

Edited by GeekyGal
Added screenshot

Use Document > Resize then, in either the width or height box, enter 18%. Ensure that the lock symbol is closed (which it is by default) to maintain the Aspect Ratio..

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

There is no dropdown selection for Percentages but you can just enter the percentage value in the "Size" field(s)

resize.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, GeekyGal said:

Is there a simple way to do this, or do I need to do the math outside the program,

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/pages/Workspace/expressions.html

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

10 hours ago, carl123 said:

There is no dropdown selection for Percentages but you can just enter the percentage value in the "Size" field(s)

resize.png

I can't thank you enough. This is perfect. It's exactly what I needed. I can't tell you how happy I am.