You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[549] Preflight Custom Profile Creation & Editing

Either I'm not understanding how this works or something isn't right. Here's what I did to test creating and using a custom preset/profile:

1) Create Preset and give it a name;

2) Select that new Profile name in the dropdown;

3) Select Edit Profile;

4) Go through all the listed checks and disable everything except one check;

5) Reselect the new test profile and do a Check Now.

However, it proceeds to show me numerous errors from different checks instead of only from the single check I had specified.

And I not understanding how to set up a custom check that can remain in the Profile dropdown to run my specified check(s) only? The beta Help on this is VERY unclear about how to do this.

Thanks.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

When you edit the profile it changes to "custom" - meaning that the edits were not saved as part of the original profile.

You need to edit the profile first, then use the "Create Preset" option to save the edited profile as a preset.

When you re-selected the profile, you wiped out your edits by reverting back to what was selected originally.

The way that the menu options are named for this is confusing; they should really be renamed to better express how this works.

Aha! Now I see! That is a VERY strange way of creating presets! And it now ties to the other thread where it appears that you cannot edit exiting presets. Looks like you have to select the one you want to change, make the changes, then save as the same name, then you have to use the Manage Presets to delete the original and perhaps move the new one into the right order. Quite clumsy and non-intuitive at the moment.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• 3 weeks later...

I see that in the RC this is still the same. Very difficult/non-intuitive to edit presets. I also had a crash when working with a preset to check for Hidden items plus checked to look within placed docs. When I double-clicked on one of the warnings in preflight, the app crashed. 

Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-02-24-142546_TRAC-Main17.crash

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• Staff

I also had a crash when working with a preset to check for Hidden items plus checked to look within placed docs. When I double-clicked on one of the warnings in preflight, the app crashed. 

Can you reproduce this crash? I suspect it was related to some embedded documents that were in your current document.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.