You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes/Freezes every time using Vector Brush with Pressure Control

lafasta

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Gabe,

Same issue... it isn’t improved at all. The vector brush still doesn’t function correctly. It rotates in a circle as soon as it touches the surface of the iPad which makes the stroke distorted. I attached another video for you. Can this issue actually be fixed? I know development takes time but I see in other threads this issue has been ongoing for quite a while. I just want to know if the team is actually working on a fix right now because if not I’ll stop wasting your time by messaging you about it and use something else for my design work.

Thanks

@Gabe yes it doesn’t crash anymore but it’s still unusable because of the brush rotation issue. Is the brush issue currently being worked on?  The app is useless for vector drawing if not. I don’t want to keep wasting your time if this fix is not actually going to happen. 

Thanks

• Staff
6 minutes ago, lafasta said:

Is the brush issue currently being worked on?  The app is useless for vector drawing if not. I don’t want to keep wasting your time if this fix is not actually going to happen. 

This issue is now with our developers, and I don't know when it's going to be fixed. We can't provide any ETA on bug fixes. Sorry :(

• 2 years later...

Hi there - I know this is an old thread, but I recently (Jan 2023) bought and downloaded designer for iPad, and I appear to be having EXACTLY the same issue as Lafasta - was there a solution to this that wasn't reported on this thread? I am using the latest version of Designer (2.0.4) and My iPad is an original iPad Pro (1st Gen) with an Apple Pencil 1.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, TrevTheDev said:

This exact issue is occurring on windows desktop version.

Affinity 2.0.4.1701

As you are (a) using a different platform (Windows vs iPad) and (b) a different application version (v2 vs v1) it would be better for you to start a new topic in the relevant part of the forum, Trev. The symptoms may be similar, but it is unlikely to be the same issue.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

As you are (a) using a different platform (Windows vs iPad) and (b) a different application version (v2 vs v1) it would be better for you to start a new topic in the relevant part of the forum, Trev. The symptoms may be similar, but it is unlikely to be the same issue.

It is the same issue. Version mentioned in the post as  2.0.4.1701 on windows platform. V2