You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EPS microstock site compatability

Hi,

Adobe Stock doesn't seem to recognise the size of the artboard (5000px, 3000px) in my EPS file, and it's not letting me upload my work. The error message reads: " Artboard size must be between 15 MP and 68 MP.

So my question is this: Is Affinity Designer generally capable of creating EPS files which are accepted by most Microstock sites, or am I likely to run into issues like this frequently when attempting to upload to different sites? 

Any related info will be greatly appreciated (I'm new to vector art) :)

Thanks!

According to Adobe Stock ...

Q&A: Vector files cannot be uploaded

Make sure your drawing area is at least 15MP. In addition, some providers have difficulty uploading EPS files through Internet Explorer. If you're using Internet Explorer, try a different browser or upload AI files.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks for the replies. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not the artboard size is within the required range or not, it always gets rejected with the same error message.

Maybe it has something to do with the way I'm exporting the EPS file, or the way AD saves the file? I'm including a screenshot of the export settings and screenshot of the exported EPS file, as seen in Notepad++. I'm wondering if AD "shrinks" the artboard for some reason, while preserving its ratio.

Thanks

img.png

img2.png

On 12/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, Aidan_UK said:

Maybe it has something to do with the way I'm exporting the EPS file, or the way AD saves the file? I'm including a screenshot of the export settings and screenshot of the exported EPS file, as seen in Notepad++. I'm wondering if AD "shrinks" the artboard for some reason, while preserving its ratio.

Try it with a document DPI of 72 rather than 300.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Try it with a document DPI of 72 rather than 300.

Within the export settings, I tried:

• Use Document Resolution
  • Use DPI (72)
  • Use DPI (300)

Unfortunately the result is the same (still being rejected for invalid artboard size). Thanks for the suggestion, though. It was worth a try.

9 minutes ago, Aidan_UK said:

Within the export settings, I tried:

• Use Document Resolution
  • Use DPI (72)
  • Use DPI (300)

Unfortunately the result is the same (still being rejected for invalid artboard size). Thanks for the suggestion, though. It was worth a try.

I am not talking about the export settings, which apply only to rasterization.. Did you actually try it with a document that has a DPI of 72?

In my recent testing, if the document DPI is not 72, the EPS bounding boxes are scaled by 72/(document dpi). Thus, in the example you posted that showed the EPS intrnals, your document DPI was 300 and your artboard size was 1440*300/72 (6000) by 864*300/72 (3600).

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

I am not talking about the export settings, which apply only to rasterization.. Did you actually try it with a document that has a DPI of 72?

In my recent testing, if the document DPI is not 72, the EPS bounding boxes are scaled by 72/(document dpi). Thus, in the example you posted that showed the EPS intrnals, your document DPI was 300 and your artboard size was 1440*300/72 (6000) by 864*300/72 (3600).

Bingo! I can now upload my files. :D.  It seems like I made a basic error, so I guess I'll have to read up on digital graphics.

Thank you

You're welcome.

I am not sure whether you made an error, or whether this is an oddity about Affinity exporting to EPS. I have not searched specifically to see if there is an acknowledged bug that has been reported.

Edit: Most of Serif is on holiday at the moment, and not due back until January 2. But possibly one of them who is around will notice this and comment, or @DWright might be able to check on it, if no one else has found it. I know that it has been mentioned before, else I would not have thought of it.

-- Walt
PC:

Searched and did not find any accepted/acknowledged bugs in this area, so it may just be an oddity, or it may be something about EPS files that I don't understand. I did fine a couple of other topics, most notably this one, that seem they are probably this same problem:

And I found one thread (but lost it; sorry) where one of the Serif staff seemed to "know" that EPS files should be 72 DPI, which might indicate it's not a bug.

(I found another which concluded that SVG files should be 96 DPI for compatibility with other applications.)

-- Walt
PC: