You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 523 - IDML Import - Picture Frame without controls

Opened a different IDML.

1) Noticed that any linked graphics that did not have a file type appendage would not show. Had to go to the actual file, add the appendage, then Replace in the RM.

2) A couple of graphics (AI files) were imported within Picture Frames, but there are no Frame controls showing, so cannot modify the image using those controls. All other graphics using a picture frame do have controls, so looks like it's just the AI file types.

This file also created the mystery 1x1 graphic items (2 of them).

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 3.19.38 PM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Trying to understand this. I tried a few other options to see if it would get fixed.

1) Opened one of the AI files in ADesigner, then replaced that in the APub doc. Still no controls for the Picture Frame.

2) Saved from AD as EPS, PDF, JPG. Still no controls for the Picture Frame.

It appears that once the error happens at import/Open, and it creates the bad Picture Frames, it would require creating entirely new Picture Frames and deleting all old non-functioning ones.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Uploaded 2 sets. Set 1 (Aero LAS A4) has the several graphics in Picture Frames without controls. This file also has the mysterious 1x1 graphics created in the process (as reported in another thread). I included an rtf in the zip enumerating the graphics without controls.

Set 2 (Series 5 Sell) is for the other thread where ID rectangles are imported as Picture Frames, but without content or controls. These were created within ID as rectangles. All the green boxes/rectangles on page 2 are examples. 

Overall, very pleased with IDML import so far, despite minor bugs. With linked text blocks, etc., much better than opening a pdf version. 

Thanks.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

On 12/17/2019 at 3:24 AM, Pauls said:

Thanks - I think the 1x1's are a quirk of trying to handle picture frames without  an image but containing a fill.

I just noticed on the Aero LAS A4 IDML import that it came in with a strange/incorrect Master Page setup. The original ID doc had a default A3 Master Page showing 3 - A3 pages. However, the APub import created a single, double-wide Master (840x297), which would not be useful for A3 pages. (From the files previously uploaded.)

You hadn't commented on the IDML-imported Picture Frames without controls, but hopefully that is just a bug that is going to be fixed.

Thanks.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (IDML - Some image frames coming in with the cross despite having an image) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.