Commander64

Measuring tool like feature in Serif Draw Plus

Hi There,

In Serif Draw Plus, there was a measuring tool implemented, to set Arrows along the shapes. (see attachment)

Is there a plan to implementing such feature also in affinity designer , because I didn't find a tool like this.

regards

Tom

pic01.jpg

The move tool and the transform panel give you these measurements. Are you wanting to extract these to paste them into your diagram? 

I ask because what you show looks similar to using the Move tool.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

1 hour ago, John Rostron said:

I ask because what you show looks similar to using the Move tool.

I get the impression he is looking to have the dimensions added to the document itself.  This is really a CAD feature rather than an illustration feature; not a bad request, but not sure how much of a priority Serif is likely to give it.

That said, this has already been requested on numerous other threads, making this one redundant, but also indicating that there are others hoping for this as well.

@fde101

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. I worked with serif draw plus in the last 10 years and there was this feature already implemented. Because I used it for working plans to build things in my woodshop. So I'm missing this feature so bad.:-(

Therefore I have to use the "old" serif Draw versions to construct something in that way.
Hopefully Serif will implement this feature sometimes in the future builds of Affinity designer.

Thank's for all of your comments

Regards

Tom