You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving pages in Publisher

I am tying to lay ou a booklet using text from Word and arrange the pages in Publisher as information ccome in to me from a variety of groups.  I find that the pages will not move how I want them to.  Is this due to there being blank pages between where I wish to place the moveed pages and, if so, will I need until the pages are fully populated before I can move them where I want to put them.  If it is not due to this why will they not move as I want?

Appreciate any help.

I am not sure if I get you right. Normally you can drag and drop pages inside the Pages panel. Still something is missing: Moving a page with a dialogue, e.g. for moving page 2 after page 121.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Joachim.  Yes I'm trying to move pages into an alphabetical sequence based on the page headings.  its a booklet with 60 pages and has one page per item.  Each page heading is the name of a U3A group, i.e. Cycling, Painting, Walking etc.  What I want to do is enter the text (and images) as I receive them which means I need to re-order the pages alphabetically.  My problem is that moving the pages only puts them into the right hand of a double page spread within the pages panel.  I cannot move one to the left hand of the two panels.

If you have flowing text from page to page resorting/repositioning of single pages makes absolutely no sense, because reporting pages doesn‘t „resort“ the content. If you have single pages or single chapters, this is a completely different situation, and you can of course reposition these pages/chapters within your complete page collection.

11 hours ago, HFNotts said:

My problem is that moving the pages only puts them into the right hand of a double page spread within the pages panel.  I cannot move one to the left hand of the two panels.

Can you explain the problem a little more? Are you talking about odd (1, 3, 5, ...) and even (2, 4, 6,...) pages when you mention "right and left hand"? What "two panels" do you mean?

• If you select/click 1 page icon (left or right of a spread with 2 pages) it gets a blue rectangle, only around this 1 page.
• If you click on the page number below the page icon then you select two pages and get a larger blue rectangle, containing both pages of that spread.

The blue rectangle indicates the pages you will move when dragging their icons. You can drag a page to any position before (left) or after (right) any other page.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

OK I'm not explaining myself clearly enough.

I have single pages not text flowing from one to the other.

I want to move say page 2 to page 7 on the pages panel but it won't do this.  I am aware of the blue frames and what they mean so its just highlighting (clicking) on the page I want to move but when I bring it to page 7 it defaults to page 8.  In other words it will not move to page 7.

Very frustrating with a document with lots of pages to move into an alphaabetical sequence through the page heading.

You have to look where to drop page 2. A single vertical blue line shows you where the page is going to be dropped.

drop-page.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed