Sign in to follow this  
A_B_C

Impossible to highlight text in frame on pasteboard area

Hi,

there is a little, but annoying bug I encountered when trying to edit text frames placed on the pasteboard area outside the document pages proper. When I try to highlight a word by double clicking, the word gets selected (witnessed by the fact that I can delete the entire word using backspace), but it doesn’t receive a highlight. So it’s basically impossible to prepare anything text-related on the pasteboard. See my video.

Thank you for having a look,

Alex :)

Works okay here on Mac OS 10.14.6. What is your highlight colour set to?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518

Standard system blue. Certainly not light grey or transparent. 

But your comment made me reconsider the issue, and alas! it’s a screen redraw problem! At certain zoom levels the highlight just isn’t drawn. :)

Open GL, macOS Sierra latest, vintage MBP late 2011, if that helps.

I think we have seen this before ,when zoomed in, the highlighting doesn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions