You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been making Greeting Cards in Serif Page Plus for over 15 years. I keep trying to switch to Affinity Publisher, but even creating my own two templates: sidefold and topfold, the margins .5" all around are 1/8" wider on right side and smaller on left. I did change the margins to .6" on one side and .3" on the other so they come out all .5". The page size is 7"x10" which my printer does easily and Affinity seems to agree to but it's just the margins.

Problem #2 - The artistic text - which is beautiful - has a white film on the text box. White on white wouldn't show but with Greeting Cards, the text is usually on a nature photo, like the sea or mountains, and it is very obvious. I think (actually hope) both problems are simple glitches that can be corrected?  Sister Regina Dierson

On 11/16/2019 at 1:53 AM, peacenjoy said:

I think (actually hope) both problems are simple glitches that can be corrected?

A screenshot or example, what should be the problem? I did not understand the description of "problems".

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff

Hi peacenjoy :)

Unfortunately I too am a little uncertain of the issues you're currently having. Could you please provide a sample .afpub document that shows your Margins issue, alongside the text outline you've referred to? Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I will include the card - unfortunately yes, you can see the margins have to be different to come out correctly, but you can't see the light white film behind the word Peace. It only comes out in the printed version. - Oh, I just printed the same thing out on a plain piece of paper to take a picture of it, but it came out correctly without the white film. That means it must have something to do with the other card paper I used. OK - so I'll know whenever I use that paper. NOTE: the margins come out correctly on the side-fold card - it's just the topfold one. Thank you - here is the card...

Peace1.afpub

• Staff

Many thanks for your file, I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue here - with the margins set to 0.5" the print is offset. I've tested this on multiple printers and received slightly different results, so I'm getting this logged with our development team now as a bug.

In the meantime I recommend using your workaround method of manually changing your margins, apologies for any inconveniences caused and thanks again for your report.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

I would also add that having set the margins exactly as they were when using Quark XPress, after exporting to Pdf and sending to my printing house, they advised that the top margin was vey close to the edge after cropping and they centred the page just to make it look a little better.

After printing with a bleed, there is no indication on the PDF export where exactly the bleed is positioned.

Something that need sot be fixed.