When 'saving as' or using a previous document as a template the original metadata is carried over and the title is not updated from the new document filename.

Is there a way around this other than manually editing every new reused publisher file.

Also is there an option to have static content - copyright, author etc?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi pc-lincs,

Welcome to the forums :)

In regards to the metadata of the file, how are you accessing this please? I assume if you're using Windows you're looking at the Properties of the file through Explorer, or if you're using Mac you've selected Get Info on the file in Finder - is that correct?

17 hours ago, pc-lincs said:

Unfortunately this isn't an available option currently, although it has been requested previously on the forums and is something we hope to add in a future update!

Well actually viewing in acrobat (files are exported pdf).

Just seems odd that the original file name is retained as the title when the file name is changed.

Thanks for confirming that, this issue is already logged with our developers as a bug - I'll bump their report with this thread now and we hope to have this fixed in a future update!

1 hour ago, pc-lincs said:

Just seems odd that the original file name is retained as the title when the file name is changed.

You can correct that in the Fields panel (View > Studio > Fields). You can also specify Author information there (though I'm not sure if it's exported to a PDF file).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

Yes I have edited this in the fields panel (and yes it is exported with the pdf). It was the issue that when resaving (re-naming) the original file the title does not get updated to the new filename.

Edited by pc-lincs
correction

On 11/7/2019 at 11:09 AM, pc-lincs said:

For author, try opening the Fields panel with no document open. Set your preferred author name. At least on Macs, this should become the default for all new .afpub documents.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

25 minutes ago, R C-R said:

For author, try opening the Fields panel with no document open. Set your preferred author name. At least on Macs, this should become the default for all new .afpub documents.

Also works on Windows.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta