You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Re linking images using Googledrive

Hello 

I have been speaking with @v_kyr & @walt.farrell on this thread ...

The chaps have now said to log my problem as a bug so am doing so :)
Can you get what you need from reading the above thread or do you need me to explain again or do anything else?

I have posted on the Apple thread as we think that is where the problem seems to be!

• Staff

Hi,

I'm currently looking into this, It seems to be updating the links from my end, but I have had some slightly differing behavior so am trying to nail down what is causing this.

Also is there a way to re link all the files at the same time as they are all kept in the same folder?

When you open a file and need to re-link lots of images, if they are indeed in the same folder click "Yes" when asked to locate the missing resources on file load, and select the one resource it is asking for. It will then find all other resources that are missing if they are in the same folder.

This additional check only happens if you click "Yes" to locate resources when opening the file, it won't perform this additional check if you highlight a single resource in resource manager and click "Replace".

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hello @Jon P & thanks for the reply! :)

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

When you open a file and need to re-link lots of images, if they are indeed in the same folder click "Yes" when asked to locate the missing resources on file load, and select the one resource it is asking for. It will then find all other resources that are missing if they are in the same folder.

When i do this on my PC it doesn't ask for a particular resource, I just point it to the folder & it relinks them all
When our Taiwan office try to do this on a mac they can't open the folder as it's grayed out (attached image) so they have to highlight each line individually!

Image 1.png

• Staff

It's asking for a specific image, not the folder. Judging by the screenshot, it is asking for Background Greyscale BNC Image Hi RES.png, so if they select that file in the open dialog "Open" shouldn't be greyed out, it will re-link that image and all the others it finds in the same folder

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com