You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Slices in duplicated artboards

Hi, 
I still don't find the affinity menus intuitive. Compared to all programs I know so far.

But unfortunately I sometimes MUST work with them. At the moment I have the task of duplicating an artboard with objects and slices, adjusting and outputting the objects within the slices.
But, why isn't the slice displayed in the copy of the artboard?

Cheers

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

12 minutes ago, Mischugo said:

Because it was not created?

Without description or recording of the procedure, and without a screenshot, it is difficult to advise.

P. S. How does "menu" relate to this?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

10 hours ago, Mischugo said:

In effect, slices are implemented as independent document entities in Affinity. Because they are not a part of any artboard, they are not copied when you duplicate an artboard.

A default artboard-sized slice is created automatically for each artboard in the document, but they can be resized or moved around in the Export persona, including adjusting them to span parts of more than one artboard and/or regions not on any artboard, & they can even be deleted so that only the document-sized slice remains. So if you have crested several slices in your original artboard, you will still have to create them in the duplicate, & size & position them as desired.

If you want them to be the same size in the duplicate as in the original, it would be helpful if there was a way to duplicate a slice, similar to duplicating objects in the Designer persona, but unfortunately I can't find any way to do that directly. A possible workaround for this is to create a rectangle with no stroke or fill at the desired slice size & place the objects you want the slice to include in it as child layers. If you then duplicate the artboard, you can create a slice in the in the Export persona's Layers panel for each parent rectangle, but that is a lot more convoluted than if there was a duplicate slice funtion in the Export persona.

The attached slices.afdesign file may make what I mean about using parent rectangles for this a (little) bit clearer.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7