You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi can you possibly tell me why I have part of my background showing through on this dove in Affinity. If you look at the wing of the dove, the blue background is showing through in a really weird way. I know how to get rid of the pencil line (please ignore the pencil), but the blue on the wing from the background is really baffling me because it's not part of the group, and it's further down the layer chain as the background. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the endpoint on the wing attaching itself to another part of the dove. I've tried breaking the endpoint to make sure there's no join, and also tried to make sure that while the bird is a group layer, it's attached correctly.   Thanks.

dove1.png

Screenshot at Oct 29 13-17-33.png

• Staff

Hi code1hayden,

Welcome to the forums :)

I recommend changing your username to something other than your email address to avoid spam. In regards to your issue it would be hard for me to say what is causing this without a copy of the file if possible could you attach one to this thread? If you would rather not post it publicly please send me a private message.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

53 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

This may be a tricky task.

It is one far beyond my skills. This The Dove comes Back mod.afdesign is as close as I could get, & I had to use an awkward looking closed top wing section just to get that far:

438316929_wingcheat.jpg.2c57d040dedb461757f5e919dd59598c.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7