Dams

Text tools workflow improvements

Hi,

Unless I miss something, I think the text workflow could be improved.

Right now I always struggle when I finished typing the text.

Enter do a carrier return, Escape doesn't do anything and clicking outside the text create a new one.

What are you supposed to do once you have finished to type your text ???

Also, I think it would be very helpful to add the text color into the text tool and not having to switch to the pencil to change it.

Well, what do you want to do after typing your text?
Do you want to move it? Click the Move tool.

Do you want to create a curve? Change to the Pen or Pencil tool.

Maybe it is just me but I'm used to finish the action of a tool by switching to another tool. This is the way most tools work in Cinema 4D.

Escape does do something. If there's a text highlight, it removes it (so you are left with the blinking caret). If there's a blinking caret, it switches to the Move tool. If you are in the Move tool, it deselects the object.

On 9/3/2014 at 10:28 AM, Dave Harris said:

Escape does do something. If there's a text highlight, it removes it (so you are left with the blinking caret).

Why does Escape leave us with a blinking caret when the left and right arrow also do the same thing.

If there's a text highlight, Escape should exit from typing mode, leaving the current text object selected.

It should improve text focus when finished typing

When I type something and enter on keyboard normally the cursor should keep focus on whatever last option. 

For instance.... When you choosing a character and press enter, it should keep cursor focus on fonts list because maybe I need to change to other font I have to click on fonts list again!!

Also other option not only just fonts panel. it should keep focus cursor on it. Please test in Photoshop or other app and you will see.

ad1.jpg