You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It would nice to be able to create a 'Rotating point' as opposed to an Origin point. This would mean that you can set the Rotation point about which groups of objects could rotate even if you move or transform objects within that group. This would have been useful to when designing a special door closer and needing to move objects relative to the door hinge.  Every time I changed or moved an object I had to adjust the Origin back to the hinge point. i hesitate to offer this as a requested feature as this would be trying to make AD into a 'one glove fits all' or 'all things to all men'.

CAD software would be the obvious answer but I'm too old to be taught new tricks. However as I've said in the past the old DrawPlus came pretty close!

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

See my reply re a 'Rotation point".

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Why not put in a feature request for freezing the Origin or creating a new 'Rotation point' that can be fixed.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

4 hours ago, jackamus said:

It would nice to be able to create a 'Rotating point' as opposed to an Origin point. This would mean that you can set the Rotation point about which groups of objects could rotate even if you move or transform objects within that group.

That would be nice, not sure if I would use it at all but I do see many uses for it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

That's the other problem with suggesting new features - who else would use them? I suppose the number of requests made for the same feature would decide that.

I would imagine that vast number of AD users are of a more 'free' art kind of graphic design etc whereas I use it mainly or technical drawing. I would say that I was definitely in the minority and therefore my suggestions are less likely to be considered.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

My feelings exactly!

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0