Jump to content

drphoto

Members
  • Content count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Well, its probably not that critical. If I still have the issue after reinstalling 1.7, Ill record it then. I just imported the settings from the most recent beta because there was no other way to get my presets I had saved in 1.6 into 1.7.
  2. Ill have to install 1.7 again to give it another shot. Re: deleting the presets, Im not trying to delete the built in presents, I was trying to delete the imported presets (Presets that I created in the 1.7 Beta). It wouldn't let me do it. Perhaps Ill have to recreate them all manually. If you want to try it, Ill attach them to this post. DRP Prints.aftoolpresets DRP Sizes.aftoolpresets
  3. drphoto

    Using both 1.6 and 1.7

    Note, if you do this, back up all of your settings! Macros, custom brushes, etc.
  4. The User Created Crop Presets seem to be broken again, its an issue that was resolved in the Beta. I imported my presets from the Beta (The ones I had in 1.6.5 didn't seem to survive the upgrade to 1.7), but when you click on the presets, the behavior is the same as mentioned in the below thread. I was going to delete them and recreate them, but it wont let me do that either, the delete option is grayed out.
  5. I hate to revive a dead topic, but has any progress been made on this? DXO Film Pack 5 still crashes 1.6.5 and the 1.7 Beta. It would definitely be a workflow improvement if we didn't have to use Film Pack separately.
  6. Sure, see below: Dropbox Link
  7. I've noticed it happens most often if you are using the Crop Tool and Original Ratio Mode, and you happen to land on a ratio that involves rounding { i.e. 5280.5 px x 3520.3333333333 px). Its not something I typically do, since I just set up presets for my most used 3:2 crop sizes and all of those are round numbers, but once in a while I would move the size manually in Original Ratio mode which isn't always round. Once I figured that out, I added more presets.
  8. Sure, the TIFF files I work with are pretty big, but it seems to also happen with JPEGs as well so thats what Ive attached here. I generate the TIFFs and JPEGs with Canon DPP 4.7.20.0. What I did notice is that if you export a file from the TIFFs that show both lens names, the resulting output file shows the correct data everywhere.
  9. I believe the latest version doesnt use ExifTool.
  10. The built in presets seem to work fine, but the custom presets don't behave as expected. The crop tool guide lines either dont move at all, or in some cases get far larger than expected. The number change to whatever was saved in the preset, but the guide lines dont match the settings.
  11. I wonder if its an Affinity Photo + Windows 10 issue, I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro, and other than two issues I've noted (feature operation related), so far performance is much better than 1.6.5, especially with large 16-bit TIFF files.
  12. I noticed in the 258 beta, the camera and lens are identified correctly in the EXIF Tab (Canon EOS 5D Mark IV/EF24-70 f2.8L II USM), but at the top of the main Photo Window, it says Canon EOS 5D Mark IV (Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L II USM or Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG OS HSM | A).
  13. I created some commonly used crop sizes using the new preset tool, however, when trying to apply them to images, the crop tool size does not change. I've attached the exported presets if that helps. Also, if you have a long list of presets, the scroll bar jumps to the next category, which makes it hard to access the bottom of the custom list. I had to break up my category into two groups. Finally, I noticed that when changing crop dimensions, the unit of measure resets to pixels no matter what unit of measure you have selected. DRP Prints.aftoolpresets DRP Sizes.aftoolpresets
  14. drphoto

    No exif data on windows 7

    I recently had the same issue (unfortunately about 100 images in to a 200 image editing session), I fixed it using the info in this post: Apparently if ExifTool creates its temp files and fails to clean them up, it wont run again until you delete them yourself. Deleted the "par" directory, and Affinity Photo was back to normal operation. Hopefully a check can be implemented in the future, but if not Ill just be diligent about making sure that the EXIF data is there during editing. (Because realizing its missing after the fact sucks just a little bit)
×