I have trouble using the batch conversion.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Affinity Photo, File > New Batch Job (not sure if thats the term used in English, its the 8th item)
2. Select some RAWs, I tested it with Canons CR2, select "Save as jpeg"
3. Start the job
The following picture is a comparison in Windows Photos App, but I tried many different viewers. I didn't do editing to eliminate any other factors.
On the left: JPEG "manually" exported from Affinity Photo (Opening the RAW file, developing, exporting) "Highest quality"-preset
On the right: JPEG from batch conversion, similiar settings to "Highest quality"-preset: Quality: 100
What I tried:
- Embed the ICC-profile or don't, result doesnt change
- Different profiles don't change the result
- Convert to sRGB as macro, result doesn't change
There was an error uploading the files, so I had to make a screenshot, but I'll try again! Of course, I can also provide you with the RAW-file, but I think you should be able to reproduce the problem.
PS: I also found this thread: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4252273 , where a user has the same problem, but sadly no solution...