You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher for iPad

I purchased publisher through the affinity store. It is asking me for payment when I try to download it for my iPad. Is there a way to download it without payment to one of my other devices? As an existing user of affinity publisher on my Mac desktop I understand that I can use it on up to five of my devices, including my desktop. Thanks.

To my knowledge, Publisher is not yet available for iPad, only for Mac OS and Windows desktop machines. This may explain the unusual message you are receiving, although it would be clearer if the message accurately explained that Publisher is not available for the iPad currently.

By the way, remember that the file format for all three Affinity apps is the same, and a document started in one app can be opened in either of the other two. So, you could begin a document in Publisher on your iMac, save it to a cloud storage service like iCloud or DropBox, and then open it up in Designer or Photo on the iPad.

I’m pretty sure that you will find the licence reference to 5 devices refers to Desktop devices not tablets. iPads run a different OS. Owners of Designer desktop app are currently required to purchase the iPad version if they want to use Designer on the iPad.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/