You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Affinity people!

Is there a chance we could see larger file previews in Finder / Path Finder? As of this moment all Affinity files' previews are tiny compared to PDF, JPG and all the other types of files, for that matter.

Talking about Spacebar previews.

Please check screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

David

724734554_Screenshot2019-10-12at07_11_28.thumb.png.fb92901b206a0f2dfee8b16fadde272e.png322999531_Screenshot2019-10-12at07_11_31.thumb.png.96650f47e7c5196930aac2efdb614ade.png

As I see it, this has to do with the fact, that MacOS can natively read pdf-files.

If you, for example, preview an ai-file (which is usually saved as combined pdf/ai-file) Finder reads the PDF-contents and also displays it resolution-independent.

The ideal way would be for Affinity to make a "quicklook-plugin", which is the native way for Finder to display ANY file`s content as long the corresponding plugin is installed.

• examples: https://www.quicklookplugins.com

• documentation on apple's site: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/Quicklook_Programming_Guide/Introduction/Introduction.html

As this is an archived article, I'm not sure what the actual state-of-the-art is. For me, quicklook-plugins work on my 10.14 Mojave system– obviously on 10.15 Catalina the older 32bit plugins would not work anymore...

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• 1 month later...

Just purchased a license as an alternative to the expensive competition. Everything works brilliantly, except for this. Very annoying not having a proper preview.

When previewing a large document (dimensions) I'm unable to see any details and cannot compare similar files.

Would be great to have an option to 'save preview as pdf' in a future update.

Edited by saitarion

• 3 weeks later...