Hello Affinity people!

Is there a chance we could see larger file previews in Finder / Path Finder? As of this moment all Affinity files' previews are tiny compared to PDF, JPG and all the other types of files, for that matter.

Talking about Spacebar previews.

Please check screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

David

724734554_Screenshot2019-10-12at07_11_28.thumb.png.fb92901b206a0f2dfee8b16fadde272e.png322999531_Screenshot2019-10-12at07_11_31.thumb.png.96650f47e7c5196930aac2efdb614ade.png

As I see it, this has to do with the fact, that MacOS can natively read pdf-files.

If you, for example, preview an ai-file (which is usually saved as combined pdf/ai-file) Finder reads the PDF-contents and also displays it resolution-independent.

The ideal way would be for Affinity to make a "quicklook-plugin", which is the native way for Finder to display ANY file`s content as long the corresponding plugin is installed.

• examples: https://www.quicklookplugins.com

• documentation on apple's site: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/Quicklook_Programming_Guide/Introduction/Introduction.html

As this is an archived article, I'm not sure what the actual state-of-the-art is. For me, quicklook-plugins work on my 10.14 Mojave system– obviously on 10.15 Catalina the older 32bit plugins would not work anymore...

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.5 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);