Smee Again

Designer 1.7.3 Update Problems

I was putting off the update until a day I would have time to actually use the software . . . but I did download the update right after it came out.

Today, started installing it on my laptop at work, and after doing all the slow process of updating, I get an "Installation Failed" message. Tried again, same thing.

So, I logged into my account and downloaded the update again. Same problem: "Installation Failed". Of course, now I can't run the software because it can't find the executable.

Anyone else have this issue with the software? I'm supposed to start a project Monday for my employer . . . so I'm really hoping someone here has had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction to fix this.

Assuming you're on Windows, the generally recommended steps are:

1. Reboot; then
  2. Right-click on the installer .exe file and choose "Run as Adminsitrator".

If that doesn't work, press the Windows key and R, and type or paste %temp%\AffinitySetup into the Run box. Press OK. You'll get an Explorer window with some directories shown. Pick the latest one, and check the Setup.log and SetupUI.log files.

You can upload them here, or browse them and look for the word error. See what the detailed error message tells you.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

On 10/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, walt.farrell said:

Assuming you're on Windows, the generally recommended steps are:

1. Reboot; then
  2. Right-click on the installer .exe file and choose "Run as Adminsitrator".

If that doesn't work, press the Windows key and R, and type or paste %temp%\AffinitySetup into the Run box. Press OK. You'll get an Explorer window with some directories shown. Pick the latest one, and check the Setup.log and SetupUI.log files.

You can upload them here, or browse them and look for the word error. See what the detailed error message tells you.

Yeah, tried the restart -- always "run as administrator".

I later had the same problem with publisher.

In all instances, shows installed correctly. No errors.

Setup.log

SetupUI.log

That SetupUI.log stops after checking .net and doesn't actually try to install the Affinity application.

Possibly it's the .net install that's failing?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta