You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

isolate an image in Publisher

I want to isolate an image (isolated on white) in Publisher to place it on a colored background or/and wrap text around. In Indesign there is a function where I can choose weather I want a Photoshop path or mask, or if ID should find the outline of an isolated image. How can I do this in publisher? Is there a way with masks in the layer? How? I did a workaround isolating the image on transparency in Photoshop, which is not, what I was looking for. I want to do this within Publisher.

In your video tutorial a outline is drawn with the pen tool by hand, but I have no time to draw complex outlines with the pentool.

And additionally there is a shadow in the picture I want to have the text not to wrap. (see attached screenshot from InDesign). Is there a way to have two paths: one for isolation and one for text wrapping? Or how do I manage this?

textwrap.jpg

I have both, but never worked with them yet. Can I do both: a mask to cut out the object and a path for the textwrap, or so? To what do I apply the wrapping? Mask, curve, picture or frame. I tried all without real success. It is strange, if I don't apply to any, there is text wrapping, but I cannot adjust, as it is not really existing. Can I find a step-by-step instruction somewhere in the net?

• Staff

Hi katrinrr,
Place the image inside a picture frame (optional), set the picture frame Text Wrap Setting to Tight, then click the Edit Wrap Outline button in the main toolbar and adjust the path that will appear around the image as you see fit (see attached screenshot for reference).

edit_wrap_outline.jpg