You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher crashes when opening a recently saved document

Hi,

last Wendsday I created a document, size about 51 pages, and worked with it without any problems.

Now I should modify the document, but after opening it Publisher crashes without any comment after some seconds. Another document in quiet the same style and with very similar design and content, which is about one week older, opens without any problems.The older document was the template for the new document, which crashes now.

How can I found out, what's the reason for the crash, or who could help me, to find out?

If someone of affinity-support will answer, I can provide the file, causing problems, by mail, but due to the fact, that it is an work-file, I cant publish it here in an opened forum. Sorry.

Kind regards

Very strange, just wanted to upload the file and tested it before, but now it's opening again and not crashing anymore.

Strange, because it crashed this morning several times, even after a clean reinstall of publisher and after a rebbot of windows. Reason could be, that windows was instaling updates this morning, or one of the used ressources inside the document was synchronized with our server...... Who knows ;)

Thank you for your reply, I would come back to you if the problem occures again.

Regards, chapolote

22 minutes ago, chapolote said:

or one of the used ressources inside the document was synchronized with our server.

1. How is that synchronization taking place?

2. Are your images linked in the Publisher document and if so are they linked from a networked location or from your local drive?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.