hi,

I've been using affinity designer since 1 full year, so I think it's time to place my thoughts here as professional User, for long period of work I really miss more customization by the user side, as I work with vector pieces, sometimes is really time-consuming to click on the buttons to apply some simple changes, so I think the toolbar top options should also be available to apply as hotkey, because I can't see these options as option to use in my keyboard. I think this would be very helpful during my daily work and for all users as well.

thanks

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 08.23.29.png

10 hours ago, Jhonatan S Silva said:

sometimes is really time-consuming to click on the buttons

Try macro/scripting, like Autohotkey.com

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.3.481, Photo 1.7.3.481, Publisher 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.418.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

I think the whole scheme should be redone.

Consider that the program could have a set of named "actions", and that menu items, toolbar items, etc. could *all* be tied to those items.

A given action could have:

• An "internal" action name (ex. toolVectorBrush)
  • A user-visible toolbar icon / menu item name (ex. "Vector Brush")
  • A "category" (ex. "Tools")
  • A short description for the user (ex. "Select the Vector Brush tool")
  • One or more personas in which the action is valid
  • A toolbar button icon
  • (Internally) the code to perform the action
  • An associated help URL / text / however it is set up (for context-sensitive help)

Then take this pool of actions:

• Any action with a toolbar icon associated with it (as many as feasible) could be dragged onto a toolbar.
  • Any action with a icon/menu name could be added to custom pull-down menus.
  • Any action could have a keyboard shortcut assigned.
  • The action names could be used as one entry point for plugin / scripting support.
  • Plugins and user scripts could register additional actions and hook into the UI in the same manner as the built-in ones.

Just some food for thought...