You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity community, I currently use your vector program and I have had performance problems, that is, it is constantly in a state of shock and sometimes it closes completely, it bothers me a bit. I use Windows and the specifications of my computer are not bad; 16 GB of RAM, Nvidia graphics, disc SSD, so my only conclusion is that the root problem with the software. I would love to know how I can resolve or if there will be updates to correct soon.

Even with a good spec system problems can occur, take a screen shot of your Preferences: Performance section.

There could be conflicts with other apps, antivirus or the graphic driver version. Affinity Designer could just require uninstalling and installing again but if this has no effect you can do the following...

I assume you are using windows 10?

From a Command Prompt run: SFC /scannow  
This checks their are no issues with windows system files, this should be enough but if not you can run through this process for a more complete scan.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi Giovannius :)

I'm very sorry to hear you're having issues with our app, if your application is crashing then we'll need a copy of your crash logs to investigate this further.

Please open Windows Run (Windows Key & R) and paste the following string, then press OK:

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports\

Please upload the 3 most recent crash reports from this location, if they are available.

Please also make sure that your Windows version is fully up to date, and check you're using the latest version of GPU drivers through Device Manager - as many crashes in Affinity are due to out-of-date GPU drivers.

Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I appreciate your time Dan C! (What a great service).

I leave the files here, and with what they have commented, I will review them carefully.

Hey, taking advantage of your virtual presence and talking about another topic, do you think that in future versions of A.Designer you can export to .AI?

What happens is that I fell in love with this software, but on my work team they still cling to using the Adobe family, so, for compatibility, I am chained to .AI.
It would be something great please :)

ca18b39f-78ae-419a-897a-a08bc0161781.dmp

ce290159-74ca-422b-b5b5-1af39a4afe80.dmp

49871a7a-41fe-49f6-89b8-19734574591b.dmp

• Staff

No problem at all, many thanks for your files. I'm currently debugging these and will reply with any pertinent information I may find :)

On 9/6/2019 at 4:25 PM, Giovannius said:

do you think that in future versions of A.Designer you can export to .AI?

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely we'll ever support this feature, as Adobe have kept this format proprietary - meaning they don't like sharing information on how the files are created, or how Illustrator interprets them.

Due to this, we can't export out to the .AI format and I don't see this changing in the near future... unless Adobe decide to make this information public!

We recommend using PDF exports to transfer Affinity documents to Illustrator, although this isn't a faultless method, you should find that most - if not all - of your design ports correctly. :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Your crash logs indicate the faulting .dll to be the following -

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF8C07BDF5E (nvwgf2umx.dll)

As expected, a cursory google search shows this happens for many users whilst gaming, as it's a crash relating to the video card drivers.

Could you please try using DDU (linked below) to uninstall all your current graphics card drivers, then install the latest available directly from Nvidia? Hopefully this should fix this crashing behaviour for you!

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/