Joachim_L

Horizontal scrolling and zooming outside the spread

As part of my workflow over the years I place elements outside the spreads (what is the correct wording: workspace?) and quite fond of the fact, that this space is big not to say HUGE in Affinity Publisher. I wonder why it is so huge? But this is not the point here. If I place an element outside of the spread and I zoom into this element at about a zoom factor of 210% the scrollbar moves to its end on the right side and I am not able to scroll to the end of the element anymore. If I want to get to the end of this element I have to zoom out/in or use the pan tool or use the Navigator panel.

So my question/s is/are: Is this huge extra space really needed? Or could the "workspace" be limited, that we get faster to elements placed outside?

Just an idea.

outofspace.jpg

I couldn't understand your problem at first. Then I noticed that it is only a problem when using medieval mice. Everything is great with a trackpad.

Please no restrictions.

This article has been written with the kind assistance of DeepL.