Fritz_H

Lens correction - Alzheimer?

Hi,

in short: Photo forgets lens during editing.

Open a RAW-Image, check Lens-Correction (Lens recognized, correction can be applied), develop image, switch back to Develop Persona: lens no longer recognized.. ??
see here:

Lens4.thumb.gif.6a5b919e71c4216901e5548b2c73a311.gif

Thanks.

kind regards
Fritz

Hi @Fritz_H,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

This is not a bug with the lens not being recognised, but a small UI issue. When you press develop, you no longer have access to the original RAW file. It has now applied the lens correction and the adjustments to your 16/32 bit image. If you go back to the Develop persona, you are technically adjusting the already developed photo, which has had its corrections applied. So, that option being grayed out is expected, as you would not want to apply the correction twice. However, the actual text is wrong. I will log this with our developers. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

@GabrielM

Thanks for your reply.
well, I understand - but what if i forgot to apply the lens correction and want to apply it later (for whatever reason..) ?

Perhaps a "flag" in the Photo-Code would be useful to indicate if the effect was already applied of not.
If it was not , the feature could/should be still available to be used once at any time later.

?

kind regards
Fritz