You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy content from one table to another table within A

Hi All,

I am using AP to design a desktop calendar. I designed the layout and created a table for holding monthly calendar in the master page. I then fill the necessary information for each month in the subsequent pages based on the master page created. Now I have an issue with updating/applying the master for each calendar month pages after I modified some formats within the master page. The problem is that when I tried to apply the modified master page, all content in each month calendar page are disappeared with empty table left. So basically I cannot modify the master page and apply to each calendar month's page. So I I tried an alternative way:  Apply the modified master page to new pages and copy the content from the old table to the new table. But when I do that, the content from old table will not be paste to corresponding cells of the new table or only part of cells can be pasted on to corresponding cells with the rest of the content squeezed to one cell. I know that I'd better thought through when I designed the master page at the first place, but sometimes it's unavoidable to change one's mind. So I need your help to resolve two issues (or one of the two):

1) Can modify the master page and update pages without losing th2) e content of the tables in pages;

2) Can copy content from one table to another exact table with content be pasted onto corresponding cells.

Thank you!!

• Staff

If your pages are already linked to a master, you shouldn't need to reapply them. When you edit the master page the content on the linked pages should auto update and show the changes. The contents of one table can be selected and copied from one tab to another within the same document or another opened one, just make sure everything is correctly selected.

If you want to PM me your document or a download link I can take a look, please include exactly what you are doing/want to do.

Thanks Lee.

I have shared the *.afpub with you here. I put notes in this document and you should be able to tell what kind of problems I was referring to. Basically there are two issues outlined as below:

1) If there is a table in the master page, any changes to this table in the master page will not be auto updated in the subsequent pages if there have new information been added to the tables in the pages. One can manually update BUT the added information in the tables will disappear.  The auto update only works for those tables that are still empty.

2) Copy and paste issues between tables within the same document:  If there are two lines of text in any cell, the content from one table can not be pasted to another table correctly (from cells to corresponding cells). There are other table related copy/paste issues, but this is the major one.

Regards,

Zya Chang