You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text box text and background same colour

I want to add a caption on top of a photo. This had been working fine. Drag out a text box and type caption. Have Verdana font, 10 point Bold and set font colour to white. When I type, the text is white and so is the background to each character, as you type, so you can't read the text. I have gone into text box properties and set no fill, but it makes no difference. What am I doing wrong?

Check the Character Panel and see if the Background Colour is set to white.
If so, change it to a white icon with a red line through it, which means transparent

backgroundcolour.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

... or/and check the fill color in Paragraph Panel > Decorations
If you don't want a text background color it should show the same "no color" symbol as mentioned by Carl above.

957950411_paragraphdecorationsfillcolor.jpg.f1c7e043d8011e8ae6a75b5f8fef7c63.jpg

If both hints won't solve your issue please show a detailed screenshot. The complete screen size loses resolution via browser and makes it hard to recognize whats going on in that text frame. For instance what is the red pattern below the white in your selected text frame?

1907482193_1513746064_AffinityPublisher_crop.jpg.fa860cc29ada00ebaf511d1026db8509.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1