You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

GB Website?

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't find an Affinity website with prices in pound sterling!

If I go from the tab in the forums, or search on Google, I get the same web page with prices in dollars. Once I managed to find the (quite well hidden) language selection, I clicked on English (GB), but still got prices in dollars. I'm sure, especially as Serif is a British company, the prices/sales are available somewhere in British currency, (I know that's how I bought the apps myself,) but it seems to be quite difficult to get to!

Surely simple/obvious buttons could be provided on the website to switch between currencies?

Apologies if I'm just missing the obvious. :)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

Hi @PaulEC,

Our website should default to your location, however we do on occasion hear reports of people not seeing the prices in their local currency for one reason or another. This can be because they are using a VPN or a third party browser plugin is preventing our site from detecting the correct location.

If you have a Store account, the prices will show accordingly to the currency of the country you account is set to once you sign in. If you do not have an account, one is created for you just prior to making a purchase and the cart content prices will update according to the country you select.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Thanks for the reply. I already have the Affinity apps myself, but I wanted to find the address to forward to someone else who may want to buy them.

To be honest, if there can be problems with your website automatically detecting the location, I do think it would help potential customers if they could simply select the currency displayed themselves.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad