You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Detailed inceremental measuring between items/images as demonstrated in my warner bros movie

Gentlemen, I have no idea whether this is a popular idea/request/desire/want/ or a selfish ambitious demand but I thought I would suggest it anyway since it is My selfish Demand:)

As you can see from my 'B' movie, I do a lot of precise measuring on the fly, but what is just a wee tat of a whimsical pain is the fact that as you nudge with the arrows the measurements are dissappearing too quickly, I would prefer at least another two seconds before they dissappear.  At the moment my work around is to flicker my eyballs constantly at the speed of light from right to left measurement and back again quicker than Spock could navigate the Star ship Enterprise through a time warp (No I am no fan of this series sorry).

Thankyou Gentlemen.  Have a nice day.  PS;  I would settle for a futher 1.2 second delay, I'll compromise.

673605675_IncrementalMeasuring.gif.f30e8875f4942ecb642192d37880f090.gif

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

4 hours ago, Chris26 said:

a lot of precise measuring on the fly,

That is a great example for the definition of the word Oxymoron. 

There are alignment tools available which may be of more help than the silly and imprecise (I refer to the one point of precession in the brief display) blue dimensional figures. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

That is a great example for the definition of the word Oxymoron. 

There are alignment tools available which may be of more help than the silly and imprecise (I refer to the one point of precession in the brief display) blue dimensional figures. 

Ah yes Bruce, you are right, but, this oxymoronic approach benefits me since if I were to create rules guides and master pages for certain documents I would be making 12 master pages and 125 ruler alignments, you see my friend, if I may call you that, each page requires a different approach, and of course I change my mind like the wind changes direction, so for creative and flexible purposes of an unstable, mentally multi-directional interaction with the creative process -  this method is absolutely ideal.  For my other documents I do indeed create rulers and master page alignments - hope this last remark re-assures you that I have not lost it....just yet!

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.