You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

To the Affinities,

I was a whizz with the clone tool in Elements but it doesn't seem to work in Affinity. I opened an image I have worked on previously and needed to clone a spot. I clicked on the clone tool and until I made the tool about 27-28 pixels large I couldn't even see the clone 'circle.' When I got the circle I moved it over the donor site, clicked on the Alt key and then moved over the spot in question. The marker for the donor site was in place but when I left clicked and attempted to fill in the spot, nothing happened. That is the present situation. How can something so simple go wrong?  Help!

Thanks, Photodoc16

Did you have the pixel layer (if the layer is an 'Image' layer you have to rasterize it first) selected? Is the brush at 100 % opacity?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I've also been having trouble with the clone tool today (I was a professional image editor for 15 years - I know how to use it!) Close inspection by clicking on More revealed that I had automatically got a line as a brush and it was set to Jitter. Reloading the app did not help return the Clone Tool to normal. 

36 minutes ago, Steveb607 said:

I've also been having trouble with the clone tool today (I was a professional image editor for 15 years - I know how to use it!) Close inspection by clicking on More revealed that I had automatically got a line as a brush and it was set to Jitter. Reloading the app did not help return the Clone Tool to normal. 

Hi Steve, You need to open the brushes panel while the clone tool is selected, choose the basic category and then select a round brush, you should now be able to use as normal